Bobby’s Lighter Gooey Butter Cake
- 1 (18 1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat (2%) Greek-style yogurt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
Place the cake mix in a large bowl. Whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and oil in a small bowl until blended. Add the buttermilk mixture to the cake mix, stirring just until blended. Pat the mixture into the baking dish.
Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sugar, yogurt, egg, vanilla, and butter. Spread over the cake mixture. Bake 40 – 50 minutes. You want the center to be a little gooey, so do not over bake.
Per Serving: 279 Cal; 4 g Protein; 9 g Tot Fat; 4 g Sat Fat; 2 g Mono Fat; 47 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 28 g Sugar; 106 mg Calcium; 0 mg Iron; 406 mg Sodium; 12 mg Cholesterol
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes