Thai Noodle Salad
original recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/thai-noodle-salad-10000001536746/
- 1 (8-oz.) package vermicelli
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce*
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and place in a large bowl; set aside.
2. Process cilantro and next 7 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
3. Toss together pasta, cilantro dressing, carrots, and next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle with peanuts, and serve immediately.
* Soy sauce may be substituted for fish sauce.
Heidi Kinsella, Wilmington, Delaware, Southern Living