Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit and Tarragon Vinaigrette
original recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-lobster-tails-with-a-ruby-red-grapefruit-and-tarragon-vinaigrette-188353/
- 4 piece(s) lobster tails
- 1 cup(s) ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) shallot minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) white pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh tarragon leaves chopped
- 2 1/2 paprika
- 2 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) onion powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregeno
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme dried
Place the pink grapefruit juice in a small saute pan, and set over medium-high heat. Reduce the juice by 2/3 until you have about 4 tablespoons left, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool, and reserve until ready to use.
To prepare the dish, set the grill on medium-high. Skewer each lobster tail, then brush with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on the cut sides and season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon Bayou Blast Creole Seasoning. Place the tails, cut side down on the grill, and cook for 3 minutes, rotate 45 degrees, and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Turn the lobsters over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just cooked through.
Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, add the shallots and mustard, and use a small whisk to incorporate. Slowly drizzle in the reduced pink grapefruit juice and the Champagne vinegar. While continuing to whisk, add the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil in a thin, steady stream and lightly season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper. Add the chopped tarragon and whisk to combine. The vinaigrette can be made a few hours in advance.
Serve lobsters as soon as they are grilled, drizzled with the vinaigrette.
Bayou Blast Creole Seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup