photo credit: http://www.myrecipes.com
Tomato-Basil Lasagna with Prosciutto
original recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/tomato-basil-lasagna-with-prosciutto-10000000225903/
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 (16-ounce) carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Romano cheese, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 (26-ounce) bottle fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce (such as Muir Glen)
- Cooking spray
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped prosciutto or ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375°.
Drop garlic through food chute with food processor on, and process until minced. Add cottage cheese; process 2 minutes or until smooth. Add cream cheese, 2 tablespoons Romano, basil, pepper, and egg; process until well-blended.
Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over the pasta sauce; top with 1 cup cheese mixture, 1/3 cup prosciutto, and 3/4 cup pasta sauce. Repeat the layers two times, ending with noodles. Spread remaining pasta sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Romano and mozzarella.
Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let lasagna stand 5 minutes.