photo by http://caitsplate.me
original recipe: http://caitsplate.me/2012/07/31/frozen-smores/
- 1.5 quart container of slow-churned chocolate ice cream (I used Breyer’s)
- Container of cool-whip
- Box of graham crackers
- Allow ice cream to sit out on the counter until softened (not melting)
- Scoop ice cream out of the container into a 9×13 pan, smoothing out until evenly dispersed
- Freeze for 3 hours
- Remove from freezer, add container of cool whip on top and smooth over with a spatula until evenly dispersed.
- Place back into the freezer until fully frozen (I left mine overnight)
- Remove from freezer and using a graham cracker, measure the size of the square that needs to be cut. Scoop out squares of ice cream/cool-whip mixture and place between two graham crackers.
- Serve immediately or freeze.