photo credit: http://www.browneyedbaker.com
Chunky Pecan Pie Bars
original recipe: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2009/07/15/chunky-pecan-pie-bars/
For the Crust:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups coarsely chopped semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (or chocolate chunks in a bag!)
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
2. For the crust, mix together the flour, butter and brown sugar until crumbly. Press into the baking pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown.
3. For the filling, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla extract with a wire whisk. Stir in the chunks and pecans. Pour evenly over the baked crust and bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.
4. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cool completely and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the refrigerator if you live in a warm/humid area with no air conditioning).